Here is an exciting post for you die-hard LUSHies out there like me! On February first I treated my mother and I to the brand new LUSH Spa in NYC on Lexington Ave. and 61st Street:
It was a WONDERFUL experience. I had the time of my life! I got The Comforter treatment and my mother got The Good Hour:
- The Comforter? – This was such a whimsical LUSH treatment. The first part, I had a hot chocolate body scrub on my arms, shoulders, legs, and back! It smelled so great… they need to sell a version of that in stores! It would do very well I think. Second, I had a rolling, rose-oil massage. It went very well with the chocolate aroma! My favorite part of the massage was getting my back done… at that point you are so relaxed! The music was also an extremely unique… my music was very Disney-like because the treatment was whimsical. It was loud at first but after a while you get used to it and actually is relaxing and soothing!
- The Good Hour – I do not know the exact details about this treatment since my mom got it instead of me. But, she told me a lot about it! First, she had to pick out a massage bar (I believe all of the choices were available for purchase in LUSH stores and online). She ended up picking the Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar and you can find my blog post on it here. The Good Hour is a deep tissue massaged that is inspired by the sea and Irish Pub’s. My mom said the music was super interesting and very very unique! It was Irish Pub music! Even though the music was out there, my mom said it went along well with the massage and she never experienced anything like it!
The interior design and massage room was another experience! It was awesome! Just like everyone says, and old English Grandmothers house. I remember my massage therapist (who was awesome by the way) telling me how all the decorations are English antiques! Very cool. My mother is a huge interior design buff and LOVED the designs. There was also a ton of fresh flowers everywhere in the Spa!
The Comforter massage room was lighted pink and had a lovely star pattern that moved on the ceiling in a lime green. I actually looked online afterwards to see which one they used and I found it on Amazon here. They also had a wall full of different serums that each had an adjective labeled on them (and I looked… they all had different liquids!!).
Finally, at the end of the treatment we each got a special drink that was geared towards each session. I got a cotton candy rose oil drink in a martini glass! It was delicious. Surprisingly, my therapist asked me what it tasted like and I said LUSH! It was a true LUSH drink! My mother got some tea and biscuits from “the sailors” which she adored. I have a picture of me with my martini pictured below along with LUSH Spa social media posts:
- The first post on the top right is from the LUSH Cosmetics Facebook page. This post is talking about the LUSH Spa is on its way to North America with a link to the LUSH Spa USA information page.
- The bottom left post is from the @lushcosmetics Instagram. This one is talking about all the people who are preparing for the LUSH Spa in NYC! They have pictures of people writing the signs and making the products! This was taken at the NYC location.
- The bottom right post is also from Instagram (@lushcosmetics). This picture is of the crowded shop below the LUSH Spa on Lexington Ave.! Wish I went to this… It looked like a blast!
Have y’all been to a LUSH Spa anywhere around the world?! Please share your experiences!