- Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar – I have been waiting to try this bubble bar since it was released in Japan. This bar matches the Twilight bath bomb scent revealing hints of lavender and ylang ylang once crumpled under the faucet. The bath water bleeds glitter and bubbles while turning into a baby blue. A must for all!!
- Love Locket Bath Bomb – An $11 bath bomb is ridiculous, but at least Love Locket can be used for three baths – both sides of the heart and the mini heart in the middle. This bubblegum pink bath bomb has not changed since last year (review here).
- Lonely Heart Bubble Bar – Out of this group, I was least excited to try this product. It is a simple bubble bar that turns your bath a scarlet liquid with glitter. The unique scent of this not-so-bubbly product comes from the Love perfume – bergamot, jasmine, ylang ylang, and lemongrass.
- Heart Throb Bubbleroon – Being the first exclusive Bubbleroon, Heart Throb has a lot on its plate. The scent is sexy and exhilarating while easily broken in half for two baths. This shea butter product turns your tub a cherry red with hints of gold flakes.
- The Kiss Lip Scrub – Sugar + Salt + Sprinkles + Hot Pink + Glitter = Valentine’s Bliss. I love the sweet and salty taste. I love the coarse texture. My lips love it even more! Do your lips get cracked, dry, and flaky in the winter? Lip scrubs are the perfect treatment before applying lip balm since it scrubs away all dead skin and leaves healthy, smooth lips behind. (By far my favorite LUSH Lip Scrub – minus the hot pink mess it leaves)
- Floating Flower Bath Bomb – Oh jasmine, how I love you and this bath bomb. Not only is the aroma enticing, the bomb actually twirls in the tub creating beautiful swirls of orange, green, and pink. This will definitely be a repurchase before the collection disappears.
My latest obsession are the Knot Wraps from LUSH Cosmetics. These 100% recycled, colorful scarves catch my attention! I love the floral designs, the versatility, and the price (only $6, heck yes!). My collection has grown quite rapidly this summer. I have gone from one scarf to 6 overnight. I used to keep them on top of my LUSH DIY box (post here) until I realized these beautiful designs needed to be displayed!
I started doing some research. First Pinterest, second LUSH stores, and third my own photo collection. Where I found these:
I love the simplicity and colors of these felt garlands. They inspired me to create this LUSH DIY post (along with my other research tools).
STEP 1: Find two ribbons & clothes pins that inspire you. I opted for my usual: pink, flowers, and sparkles.
STEP 2: String the ribbon through the clothes pins. This part can be tricky since the clothes pin hole is super small.
STEP 3: Tie mini bows with your second ribbon and glue them onto the back of the clothes pin (the space where it opens and closes). This adds an adorable touch!
STEP 4: Tie a bow at both ends of the ribbons and nail to the wall. I tried tape for the first few days but it kept falling from the weight of the Knot Wraps.
STEP 5: Put up your Knot Wraps or other LUSH Cosmetic goodies and enjoy!
Do you like my Knot Wrap display? How many Knot Wraps do you have? The ones displayed in mine are:
- Miranda – red with fruit
- Flirty Floral – purple and pink watercolor flowers
- Wild Flower – black with colorful flowers
- Psychedelic Summer – blue neon (no longer available)
- Mr. Bumble – green and yellow (no longer available)
- LUSH words – black with LUSH type (no longer available – part of gift set)
Heres is my latest DIY favorite I found on Instagram. Who doesn’t want a LUSH basket?!
I have barley posted this summer… what a bummer on my part & I am sorry! It has been a hectic few months with a new job, traveling, and getting ready for school! My goal is to blog a few times each week during the semester… let’s pray this happens!
Today I wanted to discuss two baths I recently took – Phoenix Rising and Fizzbanger! Both of these Bath Bombs are available year round at any LUSH Cosmetics location. They are very unique!
Fizzbanger: I was never attracted to this product, until my mother used it! She swore by the smell and color of the bath. I had to give it a try. Fizzbanger is composed of apples and cinnamon hints with pop rocks that explode in the bath. If you put your head under water, you can hear the fireworks going off (hint, Fizzbanger)! There is even a secret note inside the bath bomb. Can you feel the fizz already? I enjoy this bath a lot and would recommend it to anyone looking for a unique bath time!
Phoenix Rising: This was the first ever Bath Bomb I tried. I fell for the purple and gold outer layer with cinnamon hints. Yet did I know, the inside was a beautiful emerald green. This luxurious bath bomb is composed of cinnamon, cocoa butter, and shea butter. It moisturizes the skin to a new level. Even though I love LOVE this bath, I was disappointed with my last one. The bath bomb sunk, barley fizzed out, and lacked overall scent. Hopefully, that was just a fluke because Phoenix Rising is one of my all time favorite LUSH products!
The LUSH Kitchen is the holy grail for LUSHies. They make exclusive, retro, and sometimes pre-release LUSH goodies. It is hard to not purchase each week. I am proud of myself for holding back…. but, I did splurge for my birthday! Here is what I got:
- Million Dollar Moisturizer – The new LUSH sun care line is available in parts of Europe. Unfortunately, North America is behind! I wanted to give this range a try before the summer disappeared! Million Dollar Moisturizer is a sweet, dewey product that makes your skin radiant!
- Sesame Suntan Lotion – This is another product from the sun care line. I was eager to try a simple suntan lotion that had low protection. I rub Sesame Suntan all over for a delicious aroma and light protection!
- Lemon Melt Shower Jelly – This is one of the first products LUSH Kitchen created. I read tons of reviews about this lemon-y wonderland! I had to give it a try since Back for Breakfast is my favorite shower gel ( a Retro, lemon-citrus combo).
- Violet Nights Bath Oil – After reading Danger: Cosmetics-To-Go! I had to go for the Violet Nights. This is a lovely oil that creates a luxurious bath – originally from Cosmetics-To-Go. Perfect for relaxing and enjoying yourself! Plus, it makes your skin super super soft!
LUSH Kitchen boxes are filled with unique samples, a LUSH Kitchen goodie bag (filled with your order), and polaroids of the #LUSHKitchen staff! You can only order products from the Kitchen in the UK. Therefore, everything is sent Royal Post and in pounds. But let me tell ya… it is worth the conversion rate and splurge!
P.S. – Did you enter my giveaway yet?! Check out the instructions in my last blog post.
In honor of the #finfree movement and Shark Week, I decided to do my very first giveaway! The lucky winner will receive a fresh Shark Fin Soap from LUSH Cosmetics and samples from the LUSH Kitchen and products that are not available in LUSH North America.
This is all you have to do to qualify:
- Answer the question “Can you sell smell?” in the comments
- Tweet me your favorite LUSH Cosmetics Soap at @AndreaPuskar
- Sign the petition for the #finfree movement
The giveaway is international.
It is no secret that my scalp is super dry. I seasonally suffer from dandruff and the urge to itch. I was on the hunt for a product that alleviates scalp issues and of course, Snake Oil Massage Bar from LUSH Cosmetics is my lifesaver.
USE – I use this product after shower time by rubbing it between my hands and spreading the oils throughout my roots. It is easy since the consistency is not sticky or hard. You cannot use this before showers because the healing oils will wash out. The BEST part about Snake Oil is the day after use. Your hair is silky, soft, and itch free!
RETRO – I remember looking up this product online a few years back debating whether or not to purchase. At the time, I said no but regretted that choice. A year ago I discovered Snake Oil again in the LUSH USA RETRO Collection (it is not there now, but makes an appearance here and there). Unfortunately, yes, this product is Retro and hard to come by. LUSH offers another scalp treatment called Superbalm that is no match for Snake Oil. You can check out my review here for Superbalm.
LUSH Cosmetics advertised 2 events so far this summer. The first was the #LUSH200 store opening in North America. The second is the #finfree movement. Here are some highlights from each:
The #LUSH200 details: The 200th LUSH Cosmetics store has officially opened in North America! LUSH Cosmetics in Yorkdale Shopping Centre located in Toronto, Canada is the lucky store! LUSH celebrated this event with giving out $200 gift cards across North America, creating fresh batches of products in store, having a dance party with a well renowned DJ, and even some beauty bloggers made an appearance. Did you win a gift card or participate in any of the #LUSH200 events?!
The #finfree movement has officially begun. LUSH partnered with Shark Week on Discover Channel and the finfree movement to help stop shark killings. Shark fin soup is a popular dish in many Asian countries that requires fins from sharks. The #finfree movement is here to stop these killings and protect sharks all around the world. You can sign the petition today here and buy the Shark Fin Soap (limited edition) from LUSH to stand with the #finfree movement!
Citrus shower gels are awesome. They are refreshing with a twist. They get you ready for the day. They are the perfect product to use when searching for a pick me up. My two favorite citrus shower gels from LUSH are Happy Hippy and Back for Breakfast.
Happy Hippy is packed with grapefruit. It reminds me of elementary school. Every morning my mom would cut me up a grapefruit and serve it with scrambled eggs. Grapefruit was my childhood coffee. The aroma of Happy Hippy makes you smile and think positive. You begin your day with reassuring thoughts. It truly changes your tiredness into happiness. I recommend this shower gel for anyone who loves an awakening morning shower!
Back For Breakfast is a retired LUSH shower gel (a.k.a – only available in the Retro Collection). Like Happy Hippy, this product is ideal for morning showers since it contains an enormous amount of citrus that wakes you up. The difference is the ingredients. Back For Breakfast is a citrus cocktail with lime juice, grapefruit juice, and lemon juice. The lemon juice and oil is especially strong. Surprisingly, Back For Breakfast is available now in the Retro LUSH USA Collection.
Overall, go for Happy Hippy if it is the only option available. If you have access to Back For Breakfast, I would get that one because of the citrus cocktail. Happy Hippy can get overwhelming. Back For Breakfast will never disappoint.
This has been a long awaited post… but I had to find an appropriate time to talk about breast cream! Yes, Lovely Jubblies Body Lotion from LUSH is a floral breast cream.
This cream is packed with meadowsweet infusion and tiger lily petals. These ingredients acts like an anti-agent by tightening and firming skin (perfect for areas prone to dropping). Lovely Jubblies also softens the skin.
I adore this lotion. I use it on by décolletage, under my eyes, and on the back of my arms. It works quite well. Plus, it smells wonderfully! This lotion has one of the best floral smells from LUSH. It contains orange blossom, jasmine, and rose.
This is my second (yes, this product is good enough for a repurchase) pot of this cream. I use it a few times of week. I suggest Lovely Jubblies for anyone who loves lotions, floral smells, and soft skin!
Who is excited for Shark Week? I think I am more excited for the Shark Fin Soap! I hope this is not a hoax… I need some of this pronto! This campaign supports the Fin Free organization that addresses the reoccurring manslaughter of sharks. Pick one up in your local LUSH store starting July 30!
Finding time to post about my passion has been difficult lately because of traveling, work, and overall LIFE! But… back to the daily grind. I have gone through lots of LUSH Cosmetic shampoos. The summer makes me dirty and sweaty = more LUSHious showers!
Daddy-O Shampoo: Daddy-O is a violet scented wonderland for lighter hair. Gray and blonde tones benefit most from this dark, earthy, purple liquid because it reduces the brass effect. Floral hints are noticeable through the citrus and violet ingredients. I really enjoy using Daddy-O. It is one of my favorite LUSH Cosmetic shampoos because it is very foamy, colorful, and smells like heaven! Also, it doesn’t hurt that it makes my blonde hair, blonder!
I Love Juicy Shampoo: This shampoo was made for oily hair. Ingredients include pineapple and mango which soak up excess oils to achieve a fresh wash. I tried I Love Juicy because of the awakening citrus aroma. It reminds me of summertime sunshine, freedom, and happiness. Do you like this shampoo?
Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo: Unlike I Love Juicy, Cynthia Sylvia Stout helps dry hair since it contains BEER (yes, beer you drink). LUSH buys organic stout beer from local breweries because it has a special protein that gives hair weight with a smooth texture. Unfortunately, I do not love this LUSH shampoo. It is a bit too odd… I have a hard time enjoying the smell of beer in my shower and thinking it is “refreshing.” My hair also gets pretty oily…!
Seanik Solid Shampoo Bar: My go-to product in Kauai was Seanik. The wonderful smell and lather created the perfect end to a perfect beach day! This solid shampoo bar is perfect! In fact, I just finished my last bit and reordered it instantly. The seaweed cocktail makes your hair soft as a feather while the sea salt adds volume. I highly recommend Seanik to any solid shampoo bar fanatic! Hey – even this LUSH customer from Kuwait cannot get enough of the shampoo bars!