Hello all! I have some great news… my blog just hit 100 followers! That has been a personal goal of mine for a while now. I am so happy that I accomplished it! Today, I wanted to do a book review on the LUSH book, Danger! Cosmetics-To-Go. This book tells the story of the company before LUSH and helps to describe why LUSH is that way it is today! Here is the cover of the book:
- 130 pages long
- Full of color
- By Mira Manga
- All LUSHies will adore it!
- Made with 100% recycled paper
- History on the company before LUSH, Cosmetics-To-Go
I loved reading this book. It took me about two days over my Thanksgiving break to get through the entire work. It is very interesting because it talks about the superior individuals who created LUSH and where they worked before LUSH at Cosmetics-To-Go. Also, it shares the different, unique product created at Cosmetics-To-Go and how some of them rolled over to LUSH. The book was also very very colorful and whimsical! Every page had its own layout filled with vibrant colors. Here were four of my favorite layouts:
- The first picture shows all of the “Christmas To Go” products! I love the look of this page. The bright red is phenomenal and of course, is very timely and fitting. This page also introduces the Hot Toddy bath product that LUSH sometimes sneaks into their collection around the holidays.
- The second picture is actually the back of the book. It has about 20 different covers of the Cosmetics-To-Go magazine. Each cover is very unique and extremely different from others. I want to find a vintage one and look through it!
- This third layout describes the values of Cosmetics-To-Go or “The Ten Company Rules”. Some of them are value people before profit, behave ethically, develop and promote talent from within, benefit from the use of new technology and so on. You might recognize some of the values on this page because they are similar to the LUSH We Believe statement.
- I love this last picture because it shows how Cosmetics-To-Go wanted to keep all of their products fresh. THe layout is also super creative because it looks like a store front! The Cosmetics-To-Go products featured on this page are the fresh Papaya Cleanser, fresh Herb Mask, fresh Asparagus Mask and the fresh Chopped Tomato foot mask. Does all this freshness sound familiar?!
Overall, I really enjoyed this read. It was informational and interesting to see where LUSH inherited all of their values. I also liked to learn about the products that started from Cosmetics-To-Go that have now evolved into LUSH! For instance, the Blackberry Bath Bomb was originally a Cosmetics-To-Go product! Here is a social media post related to Danger! Cosmetics-To-Go from the LUSH Facebook page:
Have you read this book yet LUSHies?!