Yes, it is true! I went to LUSH Oxford St. in London and basked in all its glory – a three floor LUSH filled with over 200 exclusive products and about 100 employees! I was speechless (no wonder I am having a tough time writing this post). My mother played photographer, while I journeyed around from station to station identifying all the exclusive goods! New face masks, hand creams, bath bombs, lotions, soaps, makeup, lip balm, and more… It was hard not to purchase them all! I went in thinking I would walk away with 5 products, instead, 14!!!
Scroll through this album for an inside look at LUSH Oxford!
From finishing up a week Caribbean cruise to traveling to Bermuda, I have finally perfected my beach bag essentials – which to no surprise, consists of SPF packed products and beauty re-freshers! This colorful, hobo bag from Lilly Pulitzer fits coverups, towels, hats, and other necessities for a comfortable beach getaway. From sunscreen to perfume, here are my beauty favorites to combat the sun and stay fresh:
- Lipstick Queen Frog Prince – truly magical! A green lipstick that turns into a magenta gloss! A pop of natural color adds to sun-kissed skin creating an effortless pout.
- Sesame Suntan Lotion – natural, sesame aroma with a thick texture and SPF 10. A perfect sunscreen for achieving an even, dark tan. I suggest applying a high SPF sunscreen first, then using Sesame Suntan out and about on the beach!
- Sea Spray – salty fragrance that molds beachy waves. The ultimate product to achieve “I just got off the beach” hair! Spray in before or after a sun-filled day.
- NYX Blotting Sheets – face sunscreen is sure to leave some residue. Blot away all oil, sand, and salt with these sheets to protect your pores from natural hazards.
- Khiel’s BB Cream – perfects, corrects, and of course, protects! A multi-use product with SPF 50 that covers all imperfections for a natural complexion. This moisturizer also works well as an everyday foundation for medium coverage.
- Travalo Perfume Spray – the perfect travel bottle. If you are like me, I love to change my perfume every month or so to keep things interesting and unique. Travalo is life changing – you can easily transfer ANY perfume in the small bottle for everyday use, rather than carry around a delicate, full size bottle.
My non-beauty beach favorites include comfy suits, shady hats, and fluffy towels! My white beach hat (pictured above) provides 360 degrees of shade, protecting my face, shoulders, and neck. Swimsuits are the tricky part because you should feel uber comfortable in them. Naja, an eco-friendly lingerie brand, has timeless swimsuits to fit almost every body shape, especially the Faye Racerback One Piece (the navy shade matches perfectly with my Lilly bag)! I also adore the Adriana Bralettes in Marigold and Jazzy from Naja for sexy coverage under flowy coverups!
What is in your beach bag? Share with #beachessentials!
For those beauty insiders unaware of Jo Malone, it is a cologne empire based in London that specializes in ranges of classic scents. I purchased my first Jo in a Nordstrom on the outskirts of Houston, Texas. The sales associate was knowledgable on all accounts – he knew the notes of each scent, the categories of scents, and even unusual cologne pairings to create a new, foreign scent.
I went with the Wild Bluebell Cologne, a scent in the Light Floral category. The notes include bluebell, persimmon, and white musk. I was attracted to this scent immediately from the youthful yet sophisticated aroma. It has been my fragrance of choice, since the purchase earlier this spring.
The wonderful sales associate was sweet enough to stuff my exquisite bag with five other colognes: Peony & Blush Suede, Grapefruit, Orange Blossom, Blackberry & Bay, and English Pear & Freesia. Interestingly, if you mix two Jo Malone, you will get a third scent! These scents have complex tones and are very unique. I like the Grapefruit with the Wild Bluebell for summer – a partnership of citrus and florals.
Do you have a favorite Jo Malone Cologne?
I went to Washington D.C. for the first time! I’ve been to almost every major city in the U.S. except for D.C. and fell in LOVE! The cherry blossoms were starting to bloom, the monuments were gorgeous, and the tourists were definitely coming out from hibernation! I even got to see Bill Belichick, the Patriots coach, and Obama’s barricade. Even though it was a very short trip, it completely changed my life for the better! As a college student, I appreciated the monuments, museums, and historical architecture.
My friends and I went to Georgetown on our last day for a bite to eat and shop! We went to Vineyard Vines for the Kentucky Derby party, Madewell to look at the latest collection, and Alex and Ani for some positive motivation! We were walking to get cupcakes from Baked and Wired (which was absolutely AMAZING) and I smelled LUSH… I did not see the store, but I definitely smelled it! We then looked back and saw it hidden in the alleyway of 8th Street.
The sales lady, Leslie, was an absolute sweetheart – very welcoming and super bubbly! She was the first LUSH employee to help me pick out products for my irritated skin on my arms (there is some medical name for it). I ended up going with the Buffy, Aqua Mirabilis, and an Oatfix mask! Plus, she was actually headed to London for the first time in May, like me! We want to meet up and experience the new LUSH Oxford St. store together!
Have you been to the Georgetown LUSH and have met Leslie? What products do you use for irritated, dry skin???
The Mother’s Day collection from LUSH Cosmetics was not a surprise because it debuted a month ago in the UK. Therefore, I knew what products were going to be on my wish list!
- Yummy Mummy Shower Gel – a lavender shade that smells even better! I have been waiting to try the Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel for ages… this is the closest to it! Hints of berries and silver luster illuminate your skin, making it a great spring shower essential!
- Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner – a complimentary hydro-boost to its twin! With the same aroma of the shower gel, this product is a fruity moisturizer for extra hydration. I cannot wait to try this duo! Have you?
- Secret Garden Bath Bomb – A repeat from last year’s collection! This bath is beautiful! One of my favorite floral bath products because it is not too strong and turns your bath a foamy sea green.
- Rose Bubble Bar – Another repeat from last year! LUSH must think Mother’s love roses… I am not complaining because I sure love them! This bubble bar is a beautiful mixture of citrus and rose to calm and relax the skin.
- Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb – A new invention from LUSH with red rose petals and soy milk – a new level of bath bombs! I am excited to try this luxurious bath… I am sure my mom is even more excited!
- Mother Superior Bubble Bar – The odd looking bubble bar! I have no idea why this product looks so weird… I guess it has something to do with an English tradition? Anyways, I decided to get Mother Superior because the reviews were excellent… we will see!
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS
What to get for Mother’s Day? My mom sure loves flowers, books, FOOD, natural beauty, and Lilly Pulitzer! Here are some of my picks for vibrant Mother’s:
- Lilly Pulitzer – Anything from Lilly is a phenomenal gift for Mother’s who adore bright colors and summer! My mom particularly likes the Lilly skirts and tops. P.S. – Did you see my #LillyforTarget post?
- Dior Rosy Glow Blush – One of my favorite blushes! This blush matches most skin tones and creates a natural, youthful rosy flush! Exactly what every women needs to achieve a summer glow!
- Alex and Ani – Have you seen the new and romantic collection of bracelets?? My mom would adore the Persephone Collection with all of the pastel shades and flower outlines. She also likes the Crystal earrings – the perfect sparkle to pair with a Lilly!
Yes, I was one of those crazy shoppers waiting in line outside of Target to snag my share of Lilly Pulitzer clothing and it was a mad house! I arrived around 7 AM and was 5th in line… the first group of girls arrived at 6 AM (that is determination). Luckily, my local Target is in a quaint, upstate town of New York – the perfect location compared to Targets down south. I sprinted into the store and grabbed all clothing in my sizes… there were only two racks for tons of people! Here are the vibrant outfits I was lucky enough to get!
The classic Lilly dresses with colorful fabrics and lace detail that were the first garments to fly off the racks! I especially love the hot pink and blue dresses. Bella Thorne wore the Fan Dance dress (on the left) to a press event celebrating #LillyforTarget.
I am in love with the navy fabric called Upstream! It is the perfect transition color from spring to summer. The lace coverup on the left has beautiful, gold details on the collar and the white lace top is very, very intricate (for only $32)!
The satin dress on the left in the Boom Boom print is incredibly comfy – the perfect summer outfit paired with a long necklace or belt. This dress does run a bit large… the small on me is equivalent to an oversized t-shirt! I also absolutely adore this romper in the print Happy Place. It really does bring a smile to your face with the warm, youthful colors and will partner nicely with a summer glow! This was the only romper from the collection and on of the hero pieces – when you think of #LillyforTarget, this comes to mind!
Did y’all get a chance to pick anything up on Sunday from #LillyforTarget? I would love to hear your shopping experience in the comments!
I apologize for not posting last week – I was on a cruise! To make it up to y’all, I decided to share a bit from my phenomenal, relaxing, and fun-filled family vacation. We traveled from JFK to San Juan to embark on an adventure of a lifetime. The cruise was seven days and traveled to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, and St. Thomas. Sunbathing, eating, and swimming were on the itinerary along with visiting St. Barths and zip-lining through a tropical rainforest.
P.S. – Shout out to Casey Nesistat and his NEW daily vlogs on his Youtube channel. These vlogs inspired my family and I to cruise an extra day to St. Barths to experience the classy, European beach lifestyle! One of the greatest parts of our trip! We will be back St. Barths!