Winter is rough on skin since all moisture is drained from the air… Plus, we might not be receiving all the vitamin D necessary for the perfect glow. One thing we can do – SAVE OUR LIPS!
I am a Lipstick Queen! Since working for FACE Stockholm, my collection has grown from 5 lipsticks to almost 30 (oops). A colorful pout adds to my vibrant style while increasing confidence. One thing I really really cannot stand – when my lipstick is cracked from dry, chapped, sore lips. Therefore, I am on a mission to find lip treatments that will conquer dryness to allow for smooth lipstick application.
It is a successful mission so far. I have found staple products I use each evening to nourish my lips for the next day full of color (and the challenge of picking out a lipstick).
- FACE Stockholm Lip Treatment – This slightly tinted formula is the perfect go-to for a quick pick me up. It is easy to apply, looks very classy, and keeps lips hydrated for a decent amount of time.
- Fabulips “Pout’-o-matic” – I saved my Ulta coupons for weeks to get this spa powered lip system. The kit comes with a lip exfoliating tool and the Fabulips Sugar Lips Scrub. The steps are simple – put a little less than a dimes worth of scrub onto the polishing head then scrub onto lips until sugar has dissolved. Results are soft, smooth lips free of dry cracks. I enjoy the Bliss sugar scrub, but decided to give the tool a try with a LUSH lip scrub.
- The Kiss Lip Scrub – This is obviously a repeat product if you read my LUSH Valentine’s Haul. I cannot get enough of this pink, tangy sugar with sprinkles and confetti hearts! I used this scrub with the Fabulips set and loved the results even more. LUSH scrubs are a bit more course than the Bliss one making the exfoliation rougher – a plus for scrapping away all troubled skin.
- The Kiss Lip Gloss – A favorite from last Valentine’s Day! This Lip Gloss is tough to apply on the go since it involved dabbing your finger into the product then applying. Although, the gloss is very easy to rub into your hands as a moisturizer since it is not sticky. The Kiss adds a slight pink to the lips with a whole lot of shimmer.
- fresh Sugar Lip Serum – A true gem from one of my Sephora hauls. This serum is the perfect remedy for night time (almost like a face mask). After exfoliation, smoother your lips with this smoothing serum. It is a cooling, firm feeling at first that turns into a buttery balm. An all time favorite!
2 thoughts on “Lip Savers”
Loved this post! Def need to try a lip scrub x
Yes – Lib Scrubs have become my obsession! Let me know how you like them!
LikeLiked by 1 person