I am not one to review my Birchbox. But with a new year, a new blog style, and a new batch of products… I decided it was now or next year.
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service where five personalized beauty and lifestyle samples are delivered to your door. I have been receiving Birchbox since August of last year and enjoy each month’s goodies. It is a nice pick me up in the middle of the week to have samples of latest brand names and most talked about products. How do they personalize boxes when they send out millions? You answer specific questions about your hair color, beauty preferences, skin type, and so on. Do you think your Birchbox samples fit your beauty preferences?
This month’s theme was about starting fresh in 2015 with the tagline “Let’s Do This” printed across the box.
I was a bit disappointed in my samples this month. Each month I got a lotion (a bit tired of having lotion pile up) and even got a sample for curly hair (which my hair is pretty straight). Do not let this steer you away from Birchbox though, normally I love my samples and use them up before the next box comes.
- Balance Me – Wonder Eye Cream – light formula with no scent, but a bit difficult to rub in. I would give this product 3 out of 5 stars… Nothing big to rave about.
- Curly Hair Solutions – Curl Keeper Gel – water based formula that fends frizz and leaves curls intact. I do not have curly hair… So, 1 out of 5 stars for this product.
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty – Creamy Lip Stain – long-wear stain in shade Heartthrob. Eager to try out this red gloss… 4 out of 5 on the excitement level.
- Essential Elements – Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion – light weight hydrator with a strong rosemary scent. The packaging is cute and unique… 3 out of 5 stars.
- Sumbody – Body Soap – this product smells so fresh since it is full of botanical oils and herbs. Pretty interested in trying out this soap so I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.